What is a 'cookie'?
A 'cookie' is a small piece of text that websites send to the browser and that are stored in the user's terminal, which can be a personal computer, a mobile phone, a tablet, etc. These files allow the website to remember information about your visit, such as your preferred language and options, which can facilitate your next visit and make the site more useful by personalizing its content. Cookies play a very important role, by improving the experience of using the web.
Your browser generates other information, including the language in which the page is displayed and your IP address. The IP address is a set of numbers assigned to your computer by your Internet provider or your network (if you access the Internet from, for example, a work computer) during each navigation each time you start the session via Internet. Your IP address is automatically recorded by our servers and used to collect traffic data from visitors to our web pages. We do not use your IP address to personally identify you.
How are 'cookies' used?
When you accept the installation of 'cookies' on your device, they allow us to know the following information:
- Statistical information on the use of the web.
- The user's 'login' to keep the session active on the web.
- The preferred web format for access from mobile devices.
- The latest searches made in the web services and personalization data of these services.
- Information about the advertisements displayed to the user.
- Information from the surveys in which the user has participated.
- Data of the connection with social networks for users who access with their Facebook or Twitter user.
What types of 'cookies' are there?
Cookies can be classified into several categories based on their characteristics, and may be included in one or more of them.
Source. They can be owned or owned by third parties depending on the entity that manages it.
Duration. They can be session that expire when the browser is closed and that will be used mainly to keep a user's session active or persistent that expire when they fulfill the purpose for which they were designed or when they are manually deleted.
Purpose They may be:
- a) Technical or necessary to provide certain services expressly requested by the user. If these cookies are disabled, you will not be able to correctly receive our content and services.
- b) Both “personalization” functions to offer personalized services based on pre-established criteria, such as “analytics”, those that are well treated by us or by third parties (mainly through Google Analytics) allow us to track the browsing behavior of the users with statistical character and for the elaboration of navigation profiles, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the data of use on the offer of products and / or services. If the user does not accept the use of functional cookies, this website will continue to function, although it may lose part of its functionality.
- c) Advertising to show advertising based on predetermined user profiles, "behavioral advertising" similar to the previous one, but taking into account the behavior and browsing habits of the user, etc. In general, they are cookies that allow the user to display advertising in a personalized way, both on and off our website throughout their browsing.
How to manage 'cookies' in the browser?
The user has the option of allowing, blocking or eliminating the 'cookies' installed on their computer by configuring the browser options installed on their terminal:
Chrome, from https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=es
Firefox, from https://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/Delete%20cookies
Safari, from https://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/es/cookies/